Online Sun Salutations Class
Live streamed yoga | £3 per class
LIVE STREAMED SUN SALUTATIONS
Surya namaskar A, B and C
Set the tone for your day with this uplifting sun sequence delivered as an online interactive yoga class. Coming together as a community we’ll work through various sun salutations, looking at the traditional sun salutations Surya Namaskar A, Surya Namaskar B and Surya Namaskar C in addition to various sun salutation variations. This is a short 45 minute class that finishes with a focus on breathwork (pranayama).
Sun salutations are as you might have already guessed a salute to the sun, to the origins of life. Comprised of 12 poses in a sequence, each salutation begins and ends with hands in anjali mudra, the heart gesture. According to buddhists, only the heart is believed to hold the truth.
WHAT DO YOU NEED?
Yoga equipment and set up
The main thing is to create a space that will allow you to practise online vinyasa flow yoga with space. You’ll also need;
- a yoga mat or towel if you don’t have a mat
- yoga props; a brick, block, strap and blanket. Check out this links for alternate props you can find at home click here.
- a warm blanket as your body temperature will drop during the relaxation at the end of the practice
SETTING UP FOR AN ONLINE ZOOM CLASS
In order to experience your zoom class at its best you’ll need to think about the following:
- Make sure you download zoom.us so that you can login in to the class.
You want to look at downloading Zoom Client for Meetings (for computer) or one of the Zoom Mobile Apps (for phone or tablet).
- What device are you going to use to view the class? Is it big enough to see the instructor, if not you can think about streaming it to your TV if possible or logging in on a laptop.
- The class audio and music will only sound as good as the device on which its being played so its worth connecting it to a music system if possible. It will be fine if you can’t do that, its just a good way to get optimum audio quality. If you’re logging into online yoga nidra as there is relatively little to no movement in the class you could connect using your head phones which will provide a lovely sound.
- Create the right environment by dimming lights, making sure you have any props to hand and shutting yourself in a quiet area of your home
- Make sure you have a warm jumper or blanket to hand for the cool down segment of each online yoga class.
Visit the schedule to book your next class.
There has never been a better time to stay connected online. With a growing online community on our Facebook and Instagram page you can reach out to like minded yogis and yoginis. Our online yoga class schedule is added to each week and currently includes; live online vinyasa yoga (level 2), live online gentle flow (suitable for all levels), live online morning sun salutations, and live online yoga nidra. Students with a subscription package will be able to access a back catalogue of classes too.
The important thing is too keep practicing yoga, keep connecting with yoga teachers and make the most of the revitalised online yoga class offering taking place in the yoga world