Hypermobile Yogis Workshop
September 14, 2019 @ 2:00 pm – 4:30 pm
- Are you diagnosed hypermobile or do you suspect that you may be hypermobile?
- Have you ever referred to yourself as double jointed?
- Do you have a very large range of movement in one or more of your joints?
- Did you come to yoga as a beginner and find it really easy?
- Can you now (or could you ever) place your hands flat on the floor without bending your knees?
- Can you now (or could you ever) bend your thumb to touch your forearm?
- As a child did you amuse your friends by contorting your body into strange shapes OR could you do the splits?
If you have answered yes to any of the above then our Hypermobile Yogis Workshop is for you.
What is Hypermobility?
Hypermobility means that your joints are naturally more flexible than other people’s, you may also think of yourself as double jointed. This is sometimes considered an advantage in yoga (particularly for poses that call for a lot of flexibility) but care needs to be taken in certain poses to build strength to protect the joints so that you avoid injuries like sprains, strains and muscle tears in the wrists, ankles, shoulders and hips which are all too common for hypermobile students.
Hypermobility can also leave you feeling very tired because your body has to work extra hard to keep you balanced and stable.
To learn more about hypermobility please read: Hypermobility in Yoga
Who Is This Workshop For?
Yogis who are or think they may be hypermobile / double jointed
We Will look at:
- The symptoms of hypermobility and how they are different for everyone
- Yoga Strengthening poses for the hypermobile
- Modifying and progressing poses for hypermobility: managing hypermobility to progress your yoga practice.
- Finding the kind of yoga that is right for your body